Superior 4K Picture Quality with Full Network Connectivity
Panasonic unveiled the 2014 Life+ Screen AX800 Series — a new category of 4K LED LCD television which combines “Beyond Smart” features and supreme picture quality in a cutting-edge design. Debuting spring 2014, the Panasonic Life+Screen AX800 Series will feature 65-inch class (64.5 inches diagonal) TC-65AX800U and 58-inch class (57.5 inches diagonal) TC-58AX800U models.
Stunning Picture Quality
The Life+ Screen AX800 Series features a 4K Ultra HD panel with four times the resolution of Full-HD and delivers advanced image rendering performance.. An abundance of Panasonic imaging technologies are incorporated into the AX800 Series to further enhance the beauty of its 4K images.
* 4K Ultra HD resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels
- A new Studio Master Color provides rich, accurate color reproduction, covering 98% of the DCI standards. A newly developed, high-color-space LED backlight achieves a wide color gamut that approaches the level of a plasma screen. Accurate color expression is also attained in low-brightness areas of the image to produce coloring that is faithful to the original image.
- High contrast and rich gradation from the Local Dimming Pro is achieved by matching the backlight control and optimizing the brightness level to each area. This enables deeper black expression and displays even tiny details in dark scenes with crisp clarity
- The 4K Fine Remaster Engine, a dedicated image processor, delivers beautiful pictures from virtually any source by upconverting low-resolution images so they may be viewed in stunning 4K picture quality. The high-performance image-processing engine processes corrections more precisely and can refine a variety of images, such as broadcasts, web pages, and virtually all kinds of sources, for excellent picture quality.
- The AX800 features THX in 4K Ultra HD.
Beyond Smart TV
Also distinguishing the AX800 Series is its Life+ Screen “Beyond Smart” feature that provides an easy-to-use interface with a variety of functions. Building on the success of Panasonic’s “My Home Screen” personalization features introduced last year, Panasonic Life+ Screens completely overhaul the user interface and implement dramatic enhancements regarding learning the content preferences of individual users, breaking different content out of its silos, and making navigation far easier and more intuitive.
- The new my Home Screen function offers a more intuitive and personalized gateway allowing users to personalize their screen with their favorite apps and content and access it all quickly and easily.
- The new my Stream feature enables seamless, automatic content recommendation. Panasonic Life+ Screens learn user preferences and automatically recommend content that is targeted to each person.* By using the my Button on the Touch Pad Remote, the TV conveniently learns the user’s content preferences.
- The Info Bar quickly and conveniently displays useful information without requiring the user to turn on the TV. A proximity sensor coupled with Face Recognition via the AX800’s built-in camera work together to instantly and automatically display handy information such as weather forecasts, message notifications and a clock.
- Voice Assistant lets the user easily search for their favorite content in a natural, conversational way.
- my Home Cloud makes it possible to download a wide variety of content and apps, home screen templates, and to gain access to places for purchasing accessories via Panasonic’s proprietary Cloud Technology.
- A new Remote Sharing feature also makes it possible to share video memos, messages, and other information from my Home Screen through smartphone devices while away from home.
* Internet service required. Available content may vary by product, model, and location, and may require fees. Specifications and product information are subject to changed.
Furthermore, the AX800 Series prepares the user for the future with 4K 60p single-wire input. 4K 60p Input designed based on HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2a specifications*, is compatible with copyrighted HDCP 2.2-compliant content. H.265 (HEVC) high-quality, high-efficiency content can also be played. This opens the door to connection with the many upcoming devices with terminals for 60p native 4K content.
* DisplayPort is a trademark owned by the Video Electronics Standards Association in the United States and other countries.